Okay, so for those of you who’ve been keeping track (Tanya) I’ve finished my first sock. I've been knitting for nearly 25 years, and this is my first sock. But hey, better late than never. And you know what? I get it. I never really got it before, but I get it now. Socks are a terrific project because:
1. They're a fabulous fiber fix for around $25
2. You knit them in wild colors you love but would never commit to in a sweater
3. Those tiny needles provide plenty of knitting pleasure time
4. They're a totally portable project
5. There's no sewing up – when you’re done, you’re done!
And I’ve even cast on and knit the first few rounds of the second sock – no second sock syndrome here!
But here's one thing I don't like: Sock Leg. Kathy and I have decided that there's absolutely no way to photograph a person wearing hand-knit socks that makes their legs look good. And here's proof:
So, here's a word of advice: If you're looking for a mate in an on-line dating service, DO NOT photograph yourself wearing socks you knit. May we suggest instead, the Krista Tee, which flatters and looks lovely on every woman on the planet.
Class is June 23rd and July 14th...
Leave a comment
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …