Line Break is the August First Friday project. I started mine on August 1, the Wednesday before First Friday to kind of road test the pattern. It's really simple and very forgiving. I already posted this shot of my progress by Thursday afternoon, but here it is again. It's almost ready for its first row of yarnovers and short rows that give it that wonderful asymmetry.
I had lots of good knitting time on the trip to North Carolina and back and then a one-day round trip to Pittsburgh. Probably would have finished it on the trip back from Pittsburgh, but there were those three inches I had to rip out after a misspent evening of knitting with too many distractions. Oh well.
I finally cast off yesterday afternoon. Kind of reminds me of a newborn baby, all bunched up and wrinkled, but a good hard blocking will create the fabric I want and stabilize the overall shape. I'm excited to try out my new blocking wires on it.
|Freshly castoff Line Break|
All in all, Line Break took almost exactly two weeks, or about 40 hours of knitting time It's a good project to carry along everywhere - you don't need to refer constantly to the pattern, and it's pretty easy to see where you are. I am so glad that I got all 4 of the patterns in this set - I will definitely be knitting more of Veera Välimäki's designs.
Technical specs: Madeline Tosh Sock, Lepidoptera, 2 skeins. Size 6 Addi Turbos from my Click Set. .