Are you wearing a good bra? That may not be a question you'd expect to hear from your yarn store, but it's more important than you think. Sweater design has come a long way, culminating in the nearly miraculous Custom Fit program which allows you to knit a sweater that fits you perfectly. Everywhere. To begin the Custom Fit process, we take a complete set of measurements. Before I begin measuring, I always ask, "Are you wearing a good foundation garment?" That's my discrete way of asking, "Does your bra put your bust where it should be?" The truth is that most women, especially the busty ones, are not wearing such a bra. If you have been fitted for such a bra, you know exactly what I'm talking about, and you can stop reading here and go admire your beautiful bust in the mirror! If not, then go into your bedroom, take off your shirt off in front of a mirror, and consider the following questions:
- Does your breast tissue spill out over the tops or bottoms of the cups?
- Does the center of your bra stand away from your body rather than lying flat against your chest between your breasts?
- Is your bustline closer to your elbow than your armpit?
- Does the back band ride up?
- Are your straps hiked up to their shortest position?
- Do the straps dig into your shoulders?
- Do your back, neck, or shoulders ache?
- Does the underwire press into the side of your breast tissue?
- Do the straps slip off your shoulders?
- Are you unhappy with the way your bustline looks?
If you answered yes to two or more of these questions, it's worth considering a new bra that fits. A good bra will make you look better, but more importantly, it will make you feel better. A quality bra that fits will take the pressure off your shoulders, neck and back, and it will improve your posture. A good bra will make you look 10 years younger and 10 pounds thinner. Your clothes will fit better and hang better too. Especially your sweaters.
Join us for a fabulous bra-fitting experience followed by a luxurious lunch at a great little restaurant. Is it a little bit indulgent? Of course. But you deserve it, don't you? Click here for more info or to register