I started this little shrug a while back - like mid December. I know that doesn't sound like a long time ago, but on size 13 needles with no sleeves, it really should already have been finished. The back has been done for a while, and I had worked most of one side of the front. I've been really distracted over the past few weeks, and I'm pretty sure I'd messed it up. One of the things that bugged me was that the pattern has you working the back then putting one front and the back neck on holders while you work the other front. You know I hate that approach because it just find it so much more intuitive to work both fronts at the same time - then you only have to keep track of where you are once - half the opportunity for distraction. So I ripped out what I'd done and began the fronts together. During Project Runway (the one where the poor guy who doesn't get to go to Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week has a total meltdown) I worked quite a bit of the fronts. Actually even more than I had done of the one front. And then I ran out of yarn. Here I am, zipping along, and I am out of yarn. Oh, there's more yarn to be had, but it was at the shop, and we were having a snowstorm that was already keeping me from getting to the Kennedy Center, so I sure as heck wasn't going to risk life and limb to go to the shop. Frustrating, yes, but there really wasn't anything to be done but fold it up and tuck it back into the bag until Tuesday.
I did end up going in to the shop today, though, and picked up two more skeins of this delicious brown Sundae, so I might be able to finish it all up tonight. Woo hoo!
Leave a comment
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …